The antitrust practice group of Levy & Salomão Advogados assists national and foreign clients in administrative proceedings – merger and conduct cases – pending before Brazil’s antitrust authorities, advises clients on commercial practices and antitrust compliance programs, and represents plaintiffs and defendants in private enforcement actions. The firm assists clients active in all major sectors of the economy, including infrastructure and regulated industries. We regularly represent clients in complex transactions filed before the Brazilian authorities and have extensive experience handling sensitive investigation and litigation matters.
The activities of our antitrust practice group include:
- development, implementation and monitoring of antitrust compliance programs;
- identification of antitrust liabilities in corporate transactions;
- antitrust training to commercial and management teams;
- assistance in hold separate and ring fencing activities to prevent gun-jumping;
- merger notifications to Brazil’s antitrust authorities;
- defense of businesses and individuals facing allegations of anticompetitive conduct;
- defense of businesses and individuals in private litigation related to cartel damages;
- representation of clients in claims against third-parties before Brazil’s antitrust authorities;
- representation of both plaintiffs and defendants in private enforcement actions;
- file leniency and settlement applications before Brazil's antitrust authorities; and
- representations of companies that challenge transactions under antitrust authorities’ review.
Levy & Salomão Advogados has widely advised companies on antitrust matters in the construction, aviation, entertainment, credit rating, shipping, information technology, gas and energy, beverage, medical devices, petrochemical, auto parts, automotive, air catering, hospitality, transportation, tobacco, electronics, pharmaceutical, steel and financial services industries.