The practice area of Regulation and Governmental Affairs at Levy & Salomão Advogados offers strategic assistance and legal support to clients regarding governmental relations at the federal, state and municipal levels. It includes assistance with respect to regulatory issues, particularly in relation to infrastructure and public works, media and new technologies.
The area is led by partners who were former government officials with sound experience in lawmaking and rulemaking, legislative process, regulatory issues and public policies. The Regulation and Governmental Affairs practice is multidisciplinary, as it integrates other practices areas in order to suit clients' needs.
The relevant activities include:
- Assisting clients in governmental relations before various authorities and at different government levels (federal, state and municipal)
- Defining strategies and action to enhance client interests before decision-making arenas
- Monitoring regulatory and legislative agendas, acting through institutional channels and processes
- Assisting clients in structuring transactions, including negotiation of the relevant instruments and implementing financing structures
- Representing clients in judicial and administrative procedures