Levy & Salomão Advogados assists clients with the design, implementation and monitoring of policies for the prevention and remediation of illegal activities that may affect their businesses, such as corruption and money laundering. Our team features attorneys having diverse background, which includes experience with the Federal Government and sound knowledge of national and foreign laws.
The services of the firm include:
- Assisting clients in connection with government investigations regarding alleged corrupt and money laundering practices, including the negotiation of leniency agreements
- Conducting internal investigations to identify potential misconduct
- Development, implementation and monitoring of compliance programs
- Formulation and revision of document retention policies
- Advice on Data Protection Issues in the context of internal investigations and collaboration with authorities.
- Development, implementation and monitoring of business policies governing interactions with public authorities, including rules relating to gifts, travels and entertainment
- Advice on campaign finance laws
- Development of procedures for participation in public bids
- Development, implementation and monitoring of policies governing internal corporate investigations
- Identifying and managing risks related to national and international anti-corruption legislation and conventions, including the Brazilian Clean Company Act, U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, U.K. Bribery Act, the OECD Anti-Bribery Convention, and the United Nations Convention Against Corruption
- Advice in reporting bribery requests to the authorities
- Advice relating to participation in the "Company Pro-Ethics" program of Brazil’s Comptroller General of the Union and similar programs
Levy & Salomão Advogados has widely advised companies on compliance and anti-corruption matters in the construction, aviation, medical devices, shipping, information technology, gas and energy, beverage, tobacco, and financial services industries.