Levy & Salomão Advogados assists clients with the design, implementation and monitoring of policies for the prevention and remediation of illegal activities that may affect their businesses, such as corruption, money laundering, fraud and moral and sexual harassment. Our team features attorneys having diverse background, which includes experience with the Federal Government and sound knowledge of national and foreign laws.
The services of the firm include:
- assisting clients in connection with government investigations regarding alleged corrupt and money laundering practices, including the negotiation of leniency agreements;
- conducting internal investigations to identify potential misconduct, including corruption, money laundering, cartel, fraud and moral and sexual harassment allegations;
- development, implementation and monitoring of compliance programs and policies governing internal investigations;
- formulation and revision of document retention policies;
- advice on Data Protection issues with internal investigations and collaboration with authorities;
- development, implementation and monitoring of business policies governing interactions with authorities, including rules relating to gifts, travels and entertainment;
- advice on campaign finance laws;
- development of procedures for participation in public bids;
- identifying and managing risks related to national and international anti-corruption legislation and conventions, including the Brazilian Clean Company Act, U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, U.K. Bribery Act, the OECD Anti-Bribery Convention, and the United Nations Convention Against Corruption;
- advice in reporting bribery requests to authorities;
- advice relating to participation in the "Company Pro-Ethics" program of the Federal Comptroller’s Office and similar programs.
Levy & Salomão Advogados has widely advised companies on compliance and anti-corruption matters in the construction, aviation, medical devices, shipping, information technology, gas and energy, beverage, tobacco, and financial services industries.